Monday, June 23, 2014

The Best Kind of Chemistry Happens in the Kitchen

I recently saw this posted on a friend's Facebook feed.
Photo credit: Hank Campbell +Hank Campbell 
All true.  I make this homemade weed killer.  I will not call it non-chemical or chemical-free as neither of those claims would be true (obviously).  Actually, upon closer inspection, my "recipe" calls for normal salt, not Epsom salt but that is neither here nor there.  In fact, weed killer is not at all the point of this post.  So let me get to the point.  Well, before I do that, I'll talk about weeds just a moment longer.  This recipe, while not chemical free, is still a heck of a lot better for the health of children and pets and a whole lot cheaper to make in your kitchen.  That is all.  About that.  I have more to say.

My point.  I will not claim that BFB deodorant is chemical free, because baking soda is a chemical.  But, it is a chemical you can safely ingest.  In fact, besides the essential oils which some people say you can ingest and others say you can/should not (I always err on the side of caution when it comes to ingesting things, so to be clear, I am advising you not to ingest essential oils), you could eat all of the ingredients in this deodorant.  EDIBLE deodorant!  Especially if you get it fragrance free.  Once again, I am not suggesting you actually eat deodorant.  That would be weird.  Really...strange.  But IF you were on a deserted island and you happened to have this deodorant with you, you could totally last a few extra days by eating it.  Just sayin'.

I WILL claim that is is both homemade and handmade.  Because it is, by me.  In my kitchen.  How quaint.  Perhaps I am even barefoot in the kitchen.  Also, perhaps not.

No comments:

Post a Comment