Tuesday, October 14, 2014

What's In A Name: Part II

These Bottles are begging for labels!!

Working full time sure is tricky.  I forgot how much the back to school/ beginning of the year just swallows you whole and spits you back out shortly before Halloween.  And here we are.  Our hair spray has been through "testing" with six volunteers and some of their children.  So far, the results are good.  For starters, no one has lice.  So that's a plus.  But moreover, there have been no reported adverse reactions.  Not that I thought there would be, but I like to get a nice solid consensus on things like this.  I watched the documentary Hungry for Change the other day.  One of the interviewed experts talked about eating for healthy skin cells or slathering our bodies in chemicals.  While I hadn't thought of it *that* way before, it really is interesting that many people are ready, willing, able, and even excited to slather their bodies in chemical laden products that are linked to increased cancer, alzheimers, and numerous other auto-immune disorders.  Sadly, I don't know (though I'm sure it's out there) of specific foods to repel lice.  Maybe garlic?  Yeah, I'll try and feed my five year old who won't eat..much of anything...some straight garlic.  Let's see how that goes :/  Anywho, Cece LOVES the hairspray.  Mostly, she is just tickled that mommy "lets" her use hairspray.  Since she had never equated hairspray with a certain scent, she accepts the smell of the hairspray.  In addition to essential oils known to repel lice, the base of the spray is mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar.  If you haven't read about benefits of ACV, check some out here and here.  I have been using ACV as a hair rinse instead of conditioner for a few months now and it gives the hair a lovely shine.  Since researching further, I've learned that this is because ACV helps to close hair cuticles which does improve the condition of hair, decreasing breakage and giving lustre.  It also helps keep dandruff away.  The more I read, the more I loved it as an ingredient.  But, it DOES smell strong.  At first.  As soon as it is dry, you won't smell a thing.  That was part of the testing too - the big question, will the smell be a deal breaker?  And the response has been that everyone is getting used to it and that no, it does not smell once dry.  The spray can be applied to wet or dry hair.  The combination also makes for a good detangling spray.  I use it as conditioner, so it *could* be considered a "leave in conditioner" too.  So, here's the tricky part.  I'm ready to roll with this spray.  But it remains nameless!  Help!  Lice Repellant Detangling Leave In Conditioner Hair Spray is a mouthful.  But I want to convey that more simply.  Some suggestions from friends include: "No Knots or Nits" from Leah and "Stop Bugging Me Detangling Hairspray" from Brea.  Any other suggestions?  Comment below.  I will create a poll by the end of the week for voting and the winner will get a free bottle of the still nameless hairspray.  In the meantime, the nameless spray will be available at this Sunday's event at Country Creek Winery.  Get all the details here!  Hope to see you there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment